Mediaite is one of the leading voices in politics, media, entertainment, and everything in between. In a 24-hour span, we give readers everything from an Obama gaffe to an Anderson Cooper interview to a recap of Game of Thrones. We’ve been featured on all the major cable news networks, and they get mentioned daily on Mediaite.com. We interview political candidates and stars of commercials with the same detail to attention, excitement, and level of interest. We are seeking an enthusiastic, part-time copy editor to review, edit and help oversee written content for Mediaite.com.
- Revise and proofread posts for spelling and grammar errors
- Collaborate with different departments of the company from editorial to the sales team
- Oversee and prioritize work effectively and deliver well written copy to meet strict deadlines
- Exhibit excellent knowledge of grammar and best practices
- Bachelors degree
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and superior attention to detail
- Knowledge of WordPress preferred while Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, and various internet browsers is a plus
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Able to juggle many tasks with ease and work independently
This is a remote, freelance position that pays hourly.
Please apply with your cover letter and resume to jobs @mediaite.com