Welcome back to another installment of the Watercooler, RedState’s daily Open Thread! Today, we’ve got…
Leftist Duke Prof Does a Twofer, Disparaging Both Political Opponents And The Neurologically Different
Everybody, meet Nancy MacLean, History professor at Duke University who has singlehandedly removed her school from consideration for my degree with her callous disregard for viewpoints other than her own. In her latest Commie propaganda rag, Maclean claims that conservatives and libertarians “seem to be on the autism spectrum” and that we “don’t feel solidarity or empathy with others.” As an autistic AND a libertarian, this is a Double Play–to use the Left’s own words against them, I feel that Duke would not be a “safe space” for my studies or a “positive learning environment.” Perhaps somebody should point out to her the scientific link between Leftism and psychoticism…
If you see things the way I do and are similarly disinclined to consider Duke for your own or your children’s education because of this, please contact:
- Academic Dean Milton Blackmon – (919) 684-6217, email@example.com
- History Department Chair John Jeffries Martin – (919) 681-5499, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Professor Nancy Maclean – email@example.com
Let’s make some noise and melt some phones!
This Week In History
- Sunday, 2/11: Senate opens firs session to public, 1794; first accusation of Gerrymandering, 1812; Ike in charge in Europe, 1943; first Nam POW’s released, 1973
- Monday, 2/12: Oglethorpe founds Georgia, 1733; Creeks cede last GA land and head west, 1825; first performance of Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue, 1924; USS Macon disaster, 1935
- Tuesday, 2/13: ASCAP formed to protect musician copyrights, 1914; Frank Selvy becomes NCAA’s only single-game 100-pt scorer, 1954; Louisville sewer explosions, 1981
- Wednesday, 2/14: Patriot victory at Kettle Creek, 1779; Sherman enters Meridian, MS, 1864; first trainload of oranges leaves L.A., 1886; St. Valentine’s Day Massacre, 1929
- Thursday, 2/15: Grant attacks Ft. Donelson, 1862; USS Maine explosion, 1898; assault on Monte Cassino, 1944; US and Canada approve DEW Line radar network, 1954
- Friday, 2/16: Decatur seizes and burns USS Philadelphia at Triploi, 1804; Carter unseals Tut’s tomb, 1923; Prohibition ends, 1933; last MASH decommissioned, 2006
- Saturday, 2/17: Standish in military command of Plymouth, 1621; House resolves Jefferson-Burr tie, 1801; Hunley sinks Housatonic, 1864; USN destroys Japanese base at Truk, 1944
Today’s Birthdays: Typewriter inventor Christopher Latham Sholes, 1819; Ferris wheel creator George Ferris, 1859; actor Jack Benny, 1894; 007’s original “Miss Moneypenny” Lois Maxwell, 1927.
Holidays Around the World: Arizona and Oregon celebrate their Statehood Days, and parts of India observe Parents’ Worship Day.
This Week In History is compiled with assistance from History.com and Wikipedia. Something interesting not listed here? Please share in the Comments section–this is an Audience Participation Encouraged featurette.
Gratuitous Gun Giveaways
- *American Handgunner magazine, for a Les Baer Premier II longslide 1911 pistol package: http://americanhandgunner.com/giveaway/
- *Guns Magazine, for a Ruger Mk IV scoped .22 target pistol, KRISS .22LR AR-pattern rifle or Auto-Ordnance 1911BKOW WWII-style .45 pistol package (AO 1911 ends TODAY!): http://gunsmagazine.com/giveaway/
- Davidson’s Gallery of Guns, for a Smith & Wesson M&P Shield M2.0 w/factory Crimson Trace laser or M&P9 M2.0 Compact 9mm pistol (ENDS TOMORROW!): https://ggg.galleryofguns.com/
- Aero Precision, for a custom AR15: http://gvwy.io/wiqmzha
- GrabAGun, for a Remington 870 TAC-14 12-gauge firearm: http://grabagun.com/giveaway
- Springfield Armory, for a 911 .380 pocket-pistol package: http://www.springfield-armory.com/resources/giveaways/
*Note: FMG Publishing giveaways require you to provide an FFL dealer’s info at entry. Aero Precision giveaways give me one entry each per person who uses my referral link.
Public Service Announcement for “Sanctuary City/State” Residents
If you would like to report illegal aliens, please call Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) at 1-866-DHS-2ICE (347-2423). They will need to know names, locations (either work place or residence) and any other specific information you can provide. Visit http://www.ice.gov for more information.
Quote of the Day
Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside.–Mark Twain
As always, the Watercooler is an Open Thread. And as so eloquently coined by ntrepid, “Thanks for the click! Your effort helps fund future posts of this nature.”
“It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong.”–Voltaire
Copyright Diamondback, 2017; publication license granted exclusively to RedState. If you’re reading this anywhere BUT RedState, you are seeing STOLEN PROPERTY.
The post RedState’s Watercooler, 2/14 Open Thread: Mentally Ill Duke Prof Calls Conservatives Mentally Ill appeared first on RedState.
THIS IS A CONSERVATIVE VIEWPOINT